- Include all sectors of the economy related to forests when answering this question (e.g., timber products and recreation and tourism).
- Define sub-regions for economic analysis so that they correspond with fine scale economies.
- Examine the history of change in economies and the relative contributions of different forest-based sectors.
- What are the economic consequences of anticipated future land use and timber harvesting?
- Examine the distributional consequences (spatial and income distributions) of these economic consequences.
- Examine public (federal and state) investment in the forest sector.
- Define tax revenues generated by forest and wood products operations