Qinfeng GuoResearch Ecologist
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709-2254
Biological invasions (Patterns, processes, and mechanisms of biotic invasions at the population and community levels);
Biodiversity and ecosystem functioning
Invasive species, community ecology
Experimental research on plant-animal interactions; succession in California chaparral; simulation of linear forest dynamics in the Great Plains, floristic biogeography of China/Asia; biodiversity-ecosystem functioning; restoration ecology
Why This Research is Important
Researchers and managers need to understand the patterns, processes, and underlying mechanisms of species invasions
- Ph.D. in Biology (Ecology), 1994
- University of New Mexico
- M.S. in Botany (Systematics), 1986
- Chinese Academy of Sciences
Featured Publications and Products
- Guo, Qinfeng; Ricklefs, Robert. 2010. Domestic exotics and the perception of invasibility.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Symstad, Amy. 2008. A two-part measure of degree of invasion for cross-community comparisons.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Kelt, Douglas A.; Sun, Zhongyu; Liu, Hongxiao; Hu, Liangjun; Ren, Hai; We, Jun. 2013. Global variation in elevational diversity patterns.
- Guo, Qinfeng. 2012. Incorporating latitudinal and central–marginal trends in assessing genetic variation across species ranges.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Sax, Dov F.; Qian, Hong; Early, Regan. 2012. Latitudinal shifts of introduced species: possible causes and implications.
- Sharma, Shubhi ; Andrus, Robert ; Bergeron, Yves ; Bogdziewicz, Michal ; Bragg, Don C.; Brockway, Dale ; Cleavitt, Natalie L.; Courbaud, Benoit ; Das, Adrian J.; Dietze, Michael ; Fahey, Timothy J.; Franklin, Jerry F.; Gilbert, Gregory S.; Greenberg, Cathryn H.; Guo, Qinfeng ; Hille Ris Lambers, Janneke ; Ibanez, Ines ; Johnstone, Jill F.; Kilner, Christopher L.; Knops, Johannes M. H.; Koenig, Walter D.; Kunstler, Georges ; LaMontagne, Jalene M.; Macias, Diana ; Moran, Emily ; Myers, Jonathan A.; Parmenter, Robert ; Pearse, Ian S.; Poulton-Kamakura, Renata ; Redmond, Miranda D.; Reid, Chantal D.; Rodman, Kyle C.; Scher, C. Lane; Schlesinger, William H.; Steele, Michael A.; Stephenson, Nathan L.; Swenson, Jennifer J.; Swift, Margaret ; Veblen, Thomas T.; Whipple, Amy V; Whitham, Thomas G.; Wion, Andreas P.; Woodall, Christopher W.; Zlotin, Roman ; Clark, James S. 2022. North American tree migration paced by climate in the West, lagging in the East.
- Ren, H; Wang, F; Ye, W; Zhang, Q; Han, T; Huang, Y; Chu, G; Hui, D; Guo, Qinfeng. 2021. Bryophyte diversity is related to vascular plant diversity and microhabitat under disturbance in karst caves.
- Chen, Xiongwen ; Brockway, Dale G.; Guo, Qinfeng . 2021. Burstiness of seed production in longleaf pine and Chinese torreya.
- Huang, Yao ; Ren, Hai ; Wang, Jun ; Liu, Nan ; Jian, Shuguang ; Cai, Hongyue ; Hui, Dafeng ; Guo, Qinfeng . 2021. Effects of Wollastonia biflora expansion on the soil seed bank in native forest communities on a tropical coral island.
- Sun, Ying ; Sun, Yuan ; Yao, Shuran ; Akram, Muhammad Adnan; Hu, Weigang ; Dong, Longwei ; Li, Hailing ; Wei, Maohong ; Gong, Haiyang ; Xie, Shubin ; Aqeel, Muhammad ; Ran, Jinzhi ; Degen, Abraham Allan; Guo, Qinfeng ; Deng, Jianming . 2021. Impact of climate change on plant species richness across drylands in China: From past to present and into the future.
- Qiu, Tong; Aravena, Marie-Claire; Andrus, Robert; Ascoli, Davide; Bergeron, Yves; Berretti, Roberta; Bogdziewicz, Michal; Boivin, Thomas ; Bonal, Raul; Caignard, Thomas; Calama, Rafael; Camarero, J. Julio; Clark, Connie; Courbaud, Benoit; Delzon, Sylvain; Calderon, Sergio; Farfan-Rios, William; Gehring, Catherine; Gilbert, Gregory; Greenberg, Katie; Guo, Qinfeng; Hille Ris Lambers, Janneke; Hoshizaki, Kazuhiko; Ibanez, Ines; Journe, Valentin; Kilner, Christopher; Kobe, Richard; Koenig, Walter; Kunstler, Georges; LaMontagne, Jalene; Ledwon, Mateusz; Lutz, James; Motta, Renzo; Myers, Jonathan; Nagel, Thomas; Nunez, Chase; Pearse, Ian; Piechnik, Lukasz; Poulsen, John; Poulton-Kamakura, Renata; Redmond, Miranda; Reid, Chantal; Rodman, Kyle; Scher, C, Lane; Schmidt Van Marle, Harald; Seget, Barbara; Sharma, Shubhi; Silman, Miles; Swenson, Jennifer; Swift, Margaret; Uriarte, Maria; Vacchiano, Giorgio; Veblen, Thomas; Whipple, Amy; Whitham, Thomas; Wion, Andreas; Wright, S. Joseph; Zhu, Kai; Zimmerman, Jess; Zywiec, Magdalena; Clark, James. 2021. Is there tree senescence? The fecundity evidence.
- Liebhold, Andrew M.; Campbell, Faith T.; Gordon, Doria R.; Guo, Qinfeng ; Havill, Nathan ; Kinder, Bradley ; MacKenzie, Richard ; Lance, David R.; Pearson, Dean E.; Sing, Sharlene E.; Warziniack, Travis ; Venette, Robert C.; Yemshanov, Denys . 2021. The Role of International Cooperation in Invasive Species Research.
- Guo, Qinfeng ; Lee, Danny C. 2021. The ecology of COVID-19 and related environmental and sustainability issues.
- Reeves, Matt ; Ibáñez, Inés ; Blumenthal, Dana ; Chen, Gang ; Guo, Qinfeng ; Jarnevich, Catherine ; Koch, Jennifer ; Sapio, Frank ; Schwartz, Michael K.; Meentemeyer, Ross K.; Wylie, Bruce K.; Boyte, Stephen . 2021. Tools and Technologies for Quantifying Spread and Impacts of Invasive Species.
- Guo, Qinfeng . 2021. Using “management mosaics” to mitigate the impacts from extreme wildfires.
- Ren, H; Fan, Y; Zou, Z; Hui, D; Guo, Qinfeng; Huang, Y. 2020. . Long-term structural and functional changes of Acacia mangium plantation in subtropical China.
- Ren, Hai ; Wang, Faguo ; Ye, Wen ; Zhang, Qianmei ; Han, Taotao ; Huang, Yao ; Chu, Guowei ; Hui, Dafeng ; Guo, Qinfeng . 2020. Bryophyte diversity is related to vascular plant diversity and microhabitat under disturbance in karst caves.
- Sui, Li ; Zhu, Hui ; Xu, Wenjing ; Guo, Qinfeng ; Wang, Ling ; Zhang, Zhengkun ; Li, Qiyun ; Wang, Deli . 2020. Elevated air temperature shifts the interactions between plants and endophytic fungal entomopathogens in an agroecosystem.
- Sun, Zhongyu ; Huang, Yuhui ; Yang, Long ; Guo, Qinfeng ; Wen, Meili ; Wang, Jun ; Liu, Nan . 2020. How to manage degraded monoculture plantations in South China: a perspective from reciprocal litter transplant experiment.
- Guo, Qinfeng ; Cade, Brian S.; Dawson, Wayne ; Essl, Franz ; Kreft, Holger ; Pergl, Jan ; Kleunen, Mark ; Weigelt, Patrick ; Winter, Marten ; Pysek, Petr . 2020. Latitudinal patterns of alien plant invasions.
- Ren, Hai ; Fan, Yiming ; Zou, Zeyuan ; Hui, Dafeng ; Guo, Qinfeng ; Huang, Yao . 2020. Long-term structural and functional changes in Acacia mangium plantations in subtropical China.
- Huang, Yao ; Ren, Hai ; Wang, Jun ; Liu, Nan ; Jian, Shuguang ; Cai, Hongyue ; Hui, Dafeng ; Guo, Qinfeng . 2020. Relationships between vegetation and soil seed banks along a center-to-edge gradient on a tropical coral island.
- Chen, Xiongwen ; Brockway, Dale G.; Guo, Qinfeng . 2020. Temporal patterns of pollen shedding for longleaf pine (Pinus palustris) at the Escambia Experimental Forest in Alabama, USA.
- Guo, Qinfeng ; Cen, Xiaoyu ; Song, Ruiyan ; McKinney, Michael L.; Wang, Deli . 2020. Worldwide effects of non‐native species on species–area relationships.
- Han, Taotao ; Lu, Hongfang ; Ren, Hai ; Wang, Jun ; Song, Guangman ; Hui, Dafeng ; Guo, Qinfeng ; Zhu, Shidan . 2019. Are reproductive traits of dominant species associated with specific resource allocation strategies during forest succession in southern China?.
- Han, Taotao; Wang, Jun; Ren, Hai; Yi, Huilin ; Zhang, Qianmei; Guo, Qinfeng. 2019. Changes in defense traits of young leaves in subtropical forests succession.
- Pan, Duofeng ; Li, Xincheng ; De, Kejia ; Wang, Ling ; Wang, Deli ; Guo, Qinfeng ; Gao, Chao ; Zhong, Zhiwei ; Zhu, Hui ; Shen, Zhongbao ; Seastedt, Timothy R. 2019. Food and habitat provisions jointly determine competitive and facilitative interactions among distantly related herbivores.
- Guo, Qinfeng ; Potter, Kevin M.; Koch, Frank H.; Riitters, Kurt H. 2019. Impacts of nonnative species on the health of natural and planted forests.
- REN, H. ; YI, H.L. ; ZHANG, Q.M. ; WANG, J. ; WEN, X.Y. ; GUO, Q.F. ; LIU, H. . 2019. Morphological, anatomical and physiological traits of Euryodendron excelsum as affected by conservation translocation (augmentation vs. conservation introduction) in South China.
- Ren, Hai ; Qin, Haining ; Ouyang, Zhiyun ; Wen, Xiangying ; Jin, Xiaohua ; Liu, Hong ; Lu, Hongfang ; Liu, Hongxiao ; Zhou, Ju ; Zeng, Yan ; Smith, Paul ; Jackson, Peter W.; Gratzfeld, Joachim ; Sharrock, Suzanne ; Xu, Haigen ; Zhang, Zhixiang ; Guo, Qinfeng ; Sun, Weibang ; Ma, Jinshuang ; Hu, Yonghong ; Zhang, Qianmei ; Zhao, Lina . 2019. Progress of implementation on the Global Strategy for Plant Conservation in (2011–2020) China.
- Guo, Qinfeng ; Fei, Songlin ; Potter, Kevin M.; Liebhold, Andrew M.; Wen, Jun . 2019. Tree diversity regulates forest pest invasion.
- Guo, Qinfeng ; Fei, Songlin ; Shen, Zehao ; Iannone, Basil V; Knott, Jonathan ; Chown, Steven L. 2018. A global analysis of elevational distribution of non-native versus native plants.
- Guo, Qinfeng ; Riitters, Kurt ; Potter, Kevin . 2018. A subcontinental analysis of forest fragmentation effects on insect and disease invasion.
- Liu, Nan ; Wang, Jiaxin ; Guo, Qinfeng ; Wu, Shuhua ; Rao, Xingquan ; Cai, Xi’an ; Lin, Zhifang . 2018. Alterations in leaf nitrogen metabolism indicated the structural changes of subtropical forest by canopy addition of nitrogen.
- Chen, Xiongwen ; Brockway, Dale G.; Guo, Qinfeng . 2018. Characterizing the dynamics of cone production for longleaf pine forests in the southeastern United States.
- Iannone III, Basil V; Potter, Kevin M.; Guo, Qinfeng ; Oswalt, Christopher M.; Jo, Insu ; Fei, Songlin . 2018. Environmental harshness drives spatial heterogeneity in biotic resistance.
- Riitters, Kurt ; Potter, Kevin ; Iannone, Basil ; Oswalt, Christopher ; Guo, Qinfeng ; Fei, Songlin . 2018. Exposure of protected and unprotected forest to plant invasions in the eastern United States.
- Fei, Songlin ; Jo, Insu ; Guo, Qinfeng ; Wardle, David A.; Fang, Jingyun ; Chen, Anping ; Oswalt, Christopher M.; Brockerhoff, Eckehard G. 2018. Impacts of climate on the biodiversity-productivity relationship in natural forests.
- Fei, Songlin ; Jo, Insu ; Guo, Qinfeng ; Wardle, David A.; Fang, Jingyun ; Chen, Anping ; Oswalt, Christopher M.; Brockerhoff, Eckehard G. 2018. Impacts of climate on the biodiversity-productivity relationship in natural forests.
- Guo, Qinfeng ; Brockway, Dale G.; Larson, Diane L.; Wang, Deli ; Ren, Hai . 2018. Improving ecological restoration to curb biotic invasion—a practical guide.
- Wang, Zhongnan ; Yuan, Xia ; Wang, Deli ; Zhang, Yang ; Zhong, Zhiwei ; Guo, Qinfeng ; Feng, Chao . 2018. Large herbivores influence plant litter decomposition by altering soil properties and plant quality in a meadow steppe.
- Liu, Nan; Wu, Shuhua; Guo, Qinfeng; Wang, Jiaxin; Cao, Ce; Wang, Jun. 2018. Leaf nitrogen assimilation and partitioning differ among subtropical forest plants in response to canopy addition of nitrogen treatments.
- Nunez-Mir, Gabriela C.; Liebhold, Andrew M.; Guo, Qinfeng; Brockerhoff, Eckehard G.; Jo, Insu; Ordonez, Kimberly; Fei, Songlin. 2017. Biotic resistance to exotic invasions: its role in forest ecosystems, confounding artifacts, and future directions.
- Riitters, Kurt; Potter, Kevin; Iannone, Basil V.; Oswalt, Christopher; Fei, Songlin; Guo, Qinfeng. 2017. Landscape correlates of forest plant invasions: A high-resolution analysis across the eastern United States.
- Chen, Xiongwen; Guo, Qinfeng; Brockway, Dale G. 2017. Power laws in cone production of longleaf pine across its native range in the United States.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Iannone III, Basil V.; Nunez-Mir, Gabriela C.; Potter, Kevin M.; Oswalt, Christopher M.; Fei, Songlin. 2017. Species pool, human population, and global versus regional invasion patterns.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Brockway, Dale G.; Chen, Xiongwen. 2017. Temperature-related sex allocation shifts in a recovering keystone species, Pinus palustris.
- Guo, Qinfeng. 2017. Temporal changes in native-exotic richness correlations during early post-fire succession.
- Chen, Xiongwen; Guo, Qinfeng; Brockway, Dale G. 2016. Analyzing the complexity of cone production in longleaf pine by multiscale entropy.
- Wang, Y.; Shao, L.; Wang, J.; Ren, H.; Liu, H.; Zhang, Q. M.; Guo, Qinfeng; Chen, X. W. 2016. Comparison of morphological and physiological characteristics in two phenotypes of a rare and endangered plant, Begonia fimbristipula Hance.
- Oswalt, Christopher M.; Fei, Songlin; Guo, Qinfeng; Iannone III, Basil V.; Oswalt, Sonja N.; Pijanowski, Bryan C.; Potter, Kevin M. 2016. Corrigendum: A subcontinental view of forest plant invasions.
- Chen, Xiongwen; Brockway, Dale G.; Guo, Qinfeng. 2016. Entropy dynamics in cone production of longleaf pine forests in the southeastern United States.
- Iannone III, Basil V.; Potter, Kevin M.; Hamil, Kelly-Ann Dixon; Huang, Whitney; Zhang, Hao; Guo, Qinfeng; Oswalt, Christopher M.; Woodall, Christopher W.; Fei, Songlin. 2016. Evidence of biotic resistance to invasions in forests of the Eastern USA.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Zarnoch, Stanley J.; Chen, Xiongwen; Brockway, Dale G. 2016. Life cycle and masting of a recovering keystone indicator species under climate fluctuation.
- Fei, Songlin; Guo, Qinfeng; Potter, Kevin. 2016. Macrosystems ecology: novel methods and new understanding of multi-scale patterns and processes.
- Ren, Hai; Liu, Hong; Wang, Jun; Yuan, Lianlian; Cui, Xiaodong; Zhang, Qianmei; Fu, Lin; Chen, Hongfeng; Zhong, Wenchao; Yang, Keming; Guo, Qinfeng. 2016. The use of grafted seedlings increases the success of conservation translocations of Manglietia longipedunculata (Magnoliaceae), a critically endangered tree.
- Sun, Zhongyu; Wang, Jun; Ren, Hai; Guo, Qinfeng; Shu, Junwu; Liu, Nan. 2016. To What Extent Local Forest Soil Pollen Can Assist Restoration in Subtropical China?.
- Oswalt, Christopher M.; Fei, Songlin; Guo, Qinfeng; Iannone III, Basil V.; Oswalt, Sonja N.; Pijanowski, Bryan C.; Potter, Kevin M. 2015. A subcontinental view of forest plant invasions.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Fei, Songlin; Dukes, Jeffrey S.; Oswalt, Christopher M.; III, Basil V. Iannone; Potter, Kevin M. 2015. A unified approach for quantifying invasibility and degree of invasion.
- Isbell, Forest; Craven, Dylan; Connolly, John; Loreau, Michel; Schmid, Bernhard; Beierkuhnlein, Carl; Bezemer, T. Martijn; Bonin, Catherine; Bruelheide, Helge; de Luca, Enrica; Ebeling, Anne; Griffin, John N.; Guo, Qinfeng; Hautier, Yann; Hector, Andy; Jentsch, Anke; Kreyling, Jurgen; Lanta, Vojtech; Manning, Pete; Meyer, Sebastian T.; Mori, Akira S.; Naeem, Shahid; Niklaus, Pascal A.; Polley, H. Wayne; Reich, Peter B.; Roscher, Christiane; Seabloom, Eric W.; Smith, Melinda D.; Thakur, Madhav P.; Tilman, David; Tracy, Benjamin F.; van der Putten, Wim H.; van Ruijven, Jasper; Weigelt, Alexandra; Weisser, Wolfgang W.; Wilsey, Brian; Eisenhauer, Nico. 2015. Biodiversity increases the resistance of ecosystem productivity to climate extremes.
- Iannone III, Basil V.; Potter, Kevin M.; Guo, Qinfeng; Liebhold, Andrew M.; Pijanowski, Bryan C.; Oswalt, Christopher M.; Fei, Songlin. 2015. Biological invasion hotspots: a trait-based perspective reveals new sub-continental patterns.
- Zhu, Hui; Wang, Deli; Guo, Qinfeng; Liu, Jun; Wang, Ling. 2015. Interactive effects of large herbivores and plant diversity on insect abundance in a meadow steppe in China.
- Guo, Qinfeng. 2015. Island Biogeography Theory: Emerging Patterns and Human Effects.
- Xu, Yue; Shen, Zehao; Li, Daoxin; Guo, Qinfeng. 2015. Pre-dispersal seed predation in a species-rich forest community: Patterns and the interplay with determinants.
- Wang, J.; Huang, L.; Ren, H.; Sun, Z.; Guo, Q. 2015. Regenerative potential and functional composition of soil seed banks in remnant evergreen broad-leaved forests under urbanization in South China.
- Iannone, Basil V.; Oswalt, Christopher M.; Liebhold, Andrew M.; Guo, Qinfeng; Potter, Kevin M.; Nunez-Mir, Gabriela C.; Oswalt, Sonja N.; Pijanowski, Bryan C.; Fei, Songlin; Bradley, Bethany. 2015. Region-specific patterns and drivers of macroscale forest plant invasions.
- Fei, Songlin; Iannone III, Basil V.; Oswalt, Christopher M.; Guo, Qinfeng; Potter, Kevin M.; Oswalt, Sonja N.; Pijanowski, Bryan C.; Nunez-Mir, Gabriela C. 2015. Understanding macroscale invasion patterns and processes with FIA data.
- Guo, Qinfeng. 2014. Central-marginal population dynamics in species invasions.
- Olatinwo, Rabiu; Guo, Qinfeng; Fei, Songlin; Otrosina, William; Klepzig, Kier; Streett, Douglas. 2014. Climate-induced changes in vulnerability to biological threats in the southern United States.
- Ren, Hai; Guo, Qinfeng; Liu, Hong; Li, Jing; Zhang, Qianmei; Xu, Hualin; Xu, Fanghong. 2014. Patterns of alien plant invasion across coastal bay areas in southern China.
- Guo, Qinfeng. 2014. Plant hybridization: the role of human disturbance and biological invasion.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Ren, Hai. 2014. Productivity as related to diversity and age in planted versus natural forests.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Olden, Julian D. 2014. Spatial scaling of non-native fish richness across the United States.
- Guo, Q. 2014. Species invasions on islands: searching for general patterns and principles.
- Sun, Zhongyu; Ren, Hai; Schaefer, Val; Guo, Qinfeng; Wang, Jun. 2014. Using ecological memory as an indicator to monitor the ecological restoration of four forest plantations in subtropical China.
- Yuan, SF; Ren, H; Liu, N; Wang, J; Guo, QF. 2013. Can thinning of overstory trees and planting of native tree saplings increase the establishment of native trees in exotic acacia plantations in south china?.
- Huang, Liujing; Chen, Hongfeng; Ren, Hai; Wang, Jun; Guo, Qinfeng. 2013. Effect of urbanization on the structure and functional traits of remnant subtropical evergreen broad-leaved forests in South China.
- Hu, Liang-Jun; Li, Ping; Guo, Qinfeng. 2013. Positive plant diversity-soil stability relationships are mediated through roots in the Songnen Grassland: Chronosequence evidence.
- Liu, Nan; Ren, Hai; Yuan, Sufen; Guo, Qinfeng; Yang, Long. 2013. Testing the stress-gradient hypothesis during the restoration of tropical degraded land using the shrub Rhodomyrtus tomentosa as a nurse plant.
- Hu, Liangjun; Guo, Qinfeng. 2013. What does productivity really mean? Towards an integrative paradigm in the search for biodiversity-productivity relationships.
- Ren, Hai; Lu, Hongfang; Wang, Jun; Liu, Nan; Guo, Qinfeng. 2012. Forest Restoration in China: Advances, Obstacles, and Perspectives.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Rejmanek, Marcel; Wen, Jun. 2012. Geographical, socioeconomic, and ecological determinants of exotic plant naturalization in the United States: insights and updates from improved data.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Norman, Steve. 2012. Improving restoration to control plant invasions under climate change.
- Miao, ShiLi; Li, Yi; Guo, Qinfeng; Yu, Hua; Ding, JiangQing; al., et . 2012. Potential Alternatives to Classical Biocontrol: Using Native Agents in Invaded Habitats and Genetically Engineered Sterile Cultivars for Invasive Plant Management.
- Ren, Hai; Zeng, Songjun; Li, Longna; Zhang, Qianmei; Yang, Long; Wang, Jun; Wang, Zhengfeng; Guo, Qinfeng. 2012. Reintroduction of Tigridiopalma magnifica, a rare and critically endangered herb endemic to China.
- Liu, Nan; Guo, Qinfeng. 2012. Resource-use efficiencies of three indigenous tree species planted in resource islands created by shrubs: implications for reforestation of subtropical degraded shrublands.
- Ren, Hai; Zhang, Qianmei; Lu, Hongfang; Liu, Hongxiao; Guo, Qinfeng; Wang, Jun; Jian, Shuguang; Bao, Hai’ou. 2012. Wild Plant Species with Extremely Small Populations Require Conservation and Reintroduction in China.
- Guo, Qinfeng. 2011. Book review: Encyclopedia of biological invasions.
- Guo, Qinfeng. 2011. Counting “exotics”.
- Li, Zhenyu; Dong, Quan; Albright, Thomas; Guo, Qinfeng. 2011. Natural and human dimensions of a quasi-wild species:the case of kudzu.
- Guo, Qinfeng. 2011. Seed size- and density-related hidden treatments in common biodiversity experiments.
- Ren, Hai; Zhang, Qianmei; Wang, Zhengfeng; Guo, Qinfeng; Wang, June; Liu, Nan; Liang, Kaiming. 2010. Conservation and possible reintroduction of an endangered plant based on an analysis of community ecology: a case study of Primulina tabacum Hance in China.
- Qian, Hong; Guo, Qinfeng. 2010. Linking biotic homogenization to habitat type, invasiveness and growth form of naturalized alien plants in North America.
- Ren, Hai; Ma, Guohua; Zhang, Qianmei; Guo, Qinfeng; Wang, Jun; Wang, Zhengfeng. 2010. Moss is a key nurse plant for reintroduction of the endangered herb, Primulina tabacum Hance. .
- Ren, Hai; Lu, Hongfang; Shen, Weijun; Huang, Charlie; Guo, Qinfeng; Li, Zhi'an; Jian, Shuguang. 2010. Sonneratia apetala Buch. Ham in the mangrove ecosystems of China: An invasive species or restoration species?.
- Albright, Thomas P.; Chen, Hao; Chen, Lijun; Guo, Qinfeng. 2010. The ecological niche and reciprocal prediction of the disjunct distribution of an invasive species: the example of Ailanthus altissima.
- Wang, Jun; Ren, Hai; Yang, Long; Li, Danyan; Guo, Qinfeng. 2009. Soil seed banks in four 22-year-old plantations in South China: implications for restoration.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Falcone, Josephine; Brownsmith, Joe. 2009. Building the database for introduced plants in the United States.
- Guo, Q. 2009. Interactive effects of diversity and biomass on productivity: insights from succession.
- Ricklefs, Robert E.; Guo, Qinfeng; Qian, Hong. 2008. Growth form and distribution of introduced plants in their native and non-native ranges in Eastern Asia and North America.
- Guo, Qinfeng. 2008. Interactive Effects of Diversity and Biomass on Productivity: Insights from Succession.
- Ren, Hai; Jian, Shuguang; Lu, Hongfang; Zhang, Qianmei; Shen, Weijun; Han, Weidong; Yin, Zuoyun; Guo, Qinfeng. 2008. Restoration of mangrove plantations and colonisation by native species in Leizhou bay, South China.
- Du, Xiaojun; Guo, Qinfeng; Gao, Xianming; Na, Keping. 2007. Seed rain, soil seed bank, seed loss and regeneration of Castanopsis fargesii (Fagaceae) in a subtropical evergreen broad-leaved forest.
- Guo, Qinfeng. 2007. The diversity-biomass-productivity relationships in grassland management and restoration.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Taper, Mark; Schoenberger, Michele; Brandle, J. 2005. Spatial-temporal population dynamics across species range: from centre to margin.
- Guo, Qinfeng; Brandle, J.; Schoeneberger, Michele; Buettner, D. 2004. Simulating the dynamics of linear forests in great plains agroecosystems under changing climates.
- A Practical Guide for Ecological Restoration to Curb Biotic Invasion (2019)
- Current restoration programs include both conservation and economic goals. To achieve both, restoration must curb biotic invasions, even under ongoing climate change, and mitigate contined human disturbance. Management actions need to include realistic goal-setting and more inclusive communication with broad, diverse audiences.
- Invasive Plants’ Success Depends on Native Species Richness and Biomass (2015)
- For better control and management of invasive plant species, research must uncover the factors that contribute to habitat invasibility, degree of invasion, and species invasiveness as well as how these factors can be measured. Forest Service scientists are collecting and comparing extensive data on habitat characteristics and invasibility from diverse ecosystems in U.S. forests and other ecosystems around the world to identify these factors.
- New Database Will Help Identify Potentially Invasive Plants in the United States (2014)
- In order to examine parameters of plant invasion success in the United States, scientists with the Forest Service's Eastern Forest Environmental Threat Assessment Center are developing a database that compiles several key life history and genetic traits for more than 4,000 currently known introduced plant species. These data will allow for continental scale analyses of biological traits that influence species invasiveness and distribution in order to identify potentially invasive species, enable the prediction and prevention of future invasions, and support the development of management plans.
- Tree Diversity Regulates Nonnative Pest Invasions in Forest Ecosystems (2019)
- The relationship between tree diversity and forest pest invasions is crucial to invasion ecology and for devising management approaches that can mitigate the enormous damages caused by nonnative pests. Using data from across the conterminous United States, USDA Forest Service scientists showed that tree species diversity may help or hinder pest invasions, and that the strength of the relationship varies with overall tree diversity. Until now, how these relationships play out in natural forest landscapes has been poorly understood.
- U.S. Invasive Plants Identified in Comprehensive Database (2010)
- Scientists in SRS' Eastern Forest Environmental Threat Assessment Center are developing a database of the more than 4,000 plants introduced into the United States. The database compiles a variety of biological traits that affect species invasiveness and distribution.