Julia E. KirschmanTechnology Transfer Specialist
Asheville, NC 28806-9561
Perform technology transfer duties associated with promoting the science that is created by our team of scientists and distributing the results to consumers through a variety of media.
Professional tours and adult and children education
- Master Of Forest Resources in Forestry, 2005
- Clemson University
- B.A. in Environmental Studies, 1989
- Warren Wilson College
- A.S. in Computer & Business Administration, 1986
- Community College of Allegheny County
- Technology Transfer Specialist, USDA Forest Service, Southern Research Station - Bent Creek Experimental Forest
Responsible for the Science Delivery Program at Bent Creek Experimental Forest, Asheville, NC.
- Forestry Technician, USDA Forest Service, Southern Research Station, Bent Creek Experimental Forest
- Wilderness Ranger, USDA Forest Service, Pisgah Ranger Station, Pisgah Forest, NC
Awards and Recognition
- Certificate of Appreciation for Presentations on the Cherokee Reservation, 2011
- Conducted forest education classes for children on the Cherokee reservation, NC.
- Station Director's Award, 2007
- Research Technical and Professional Support Award
- Kirschman, Julia E. 2018. Proceedings of the 19th biennial southern silvicultural research conference.
- Kirschman, Julia. 2014. Technology transfer: taking science from the books to the ground at Bent Creek Experimental Forest.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /srv/web/www.srs.fs.usda.gov/staff/viewemployee.php on line 517