Jason ThompsonGeneral Engineer
521 Devall DrivePhone: 334-826-8700 x137
Auburn, AL 36849-5418
Auburn, AL 36849-5418
Featured Publications and Products
- Thompson, Jason D.; Rummer, Bob; Schweitzer, Callie. 2011. Harvesting productivity and disturbance estimates of three silvicultural prescriptions on the Daniel Boone National Forest, Kentucky.
- Thompson, Jason D.; Rummer, Bob; Schweitzer, Callie J. 2009. Harvesting productivity and disturbance estimates of three silvicultural prescriptions in eastern Kentucky.
- Klepac, John; Rummer, Bob; Thompson, Jason. 2006. Evaluation of a cut-to-length system implementing fuel reduction treatments on the Coconino National Forest in Arizona.
- Thompson, Jason D. 2002. Mulching machines for pre-commercial thinning and fuel reduction.
- Thompson, Jason D. 2001. Calculating utilization rates for rubber tired grapple skidders in the Southern United States.
- Smidt, Mathew F.; Thompson, Jason ; McDonald, Tim ; Ma, Yuting . 2023. Terra-mechanical and statistical analyses of four-wheel grapple skidder performance data.
- Thompson, Jason D.; Mitchell, Dana ; Klepac, John . 2018. Evaluating in-woods truck scales.
- Thompson, Jason D.; Mitchell, Dana; Klepac, John. 2017. Alternative trailer configurations for maximizing payloads.
- Thompson, Jason; Klepac, John; Mitchell, Dana. 2015. Loading productivity of untrimmed and trimmed pulpwood.
- Klepac, John; Mitchell, Dana; Thompson, Jason. 2015. Monitoring moisture content, temperature, and humidity in whole-tree pine chip piles.
- Thompson, Jason; Carter, Emily. 2015. Site disturbance and soil impacts resulting from mechanized thinning of upland hardwood stands in Southeastern Kentucky.
- Thompson, Jason; Mitchell, Dana; Klepac, John. 2014. Advantages and disadvantages of untrimmed wood in the supply chain.
- Thompson, J. 2014. Feller-buncher Operator Breaks Power Line.
- Thompson, J.; Sprinkle, W. 2013. Production, Cost and Chip Characteristics of In-Woods Microchipping.
- Rummer, Bob; Klepac, John; Thompson, Jason. 2012. Technology for biomass feedstock production in southern forests and GHG implications.
- Thompson, J. D.; Klepac, J.; and Sprinkle, W. 2012. Trucking Characteristics for an In-woods Biomass Chipping Operation.
- Klepac, John; Rummer, Robert; Thompson, Jason. 2011. Harvesting small trees for bio-energy.
- Taylor, Steven E.; Rummer, Robert B.; Yoo, Kyung H.; Welch, Richard A.; Thompson, Jason D. 1999. What We Know--and Don't Know--About Water Quality at Stream Crossings.
- A Simple Technique to Improve Woody Biomass Quality (2014)
- The commercial markets for biofuels and bio-based products will require cost-competitive raw materials to compete with rival energy sources. The Forest Service continues to work on identifying ways to improve feedstock logistics. In 2014, Forest Service scientists examined a method to improve biomass quality using a simple drying technique.