Susan FoxDirector, Aldo Leopold Wilderness Institute
Missoula, MT 59801
Estimate the magnitude disturbance impacts to southern forests using andscape and regional scale models. Explore the sensitivity of forests to simulated changes in climatic conditions, land use change, and pest and pathogen interactions. Collaborate with FIA and use monitoring data bases and research findings to evaluate impacts of multiple factors at these two scales. Explore the possible consequences of spatial structure in genetic variability to mediate the transient responses of forest to disturbance factors and rapid climate change in particular. Integrate the interactive effects of carbon dioxide, nutrition, temperature, soil moisture, and other factors to assess their relative importance in governing tree growth and mortality.
- Diplom Forstwirtin in Forestry, 1985
- Albert Ludwigs Universitaet, Freiburg, Germany
- B.S Forestry in Forestry and liberal arts, 1978
- The University of the South
- Fox, Susan F. 2016. A special issue of the Journal of Forestry - Wilderness science and its role in wilderness stewardship.
- Fox, Susan A. 2016. Lyndon Baines Johnson signs the Wilderness Act into law.
- Fox, Susan A. 2016. Restoring the wilderness character of the Elwha River in the Olympic Wilderness.
- Fox, Susan A.; Hahn, Beth A. 2016. Science informs stewardship: Committing to a national wilderness science agenda.
- Lane, Vanessa R.; Cordell, Ken; Zarnoch, Stanley J.; Green, Gary T.; Poudyal, Neelam; Fox, Susan. 2014. The Forest Service Safety Survey: results from an employee-wide safety attitude survey.
- Fox, Susan; Jackson, Bill; Jackson, Sarah; Kauffmann, Gary; Koester, Mary Carol; Mera, Robert; Seyden, Terry; Van Sickle, Charles; Chipley, Sealy; Fox, Jim; Hicks, Jeff; Hutchins, Matt; Lichtenstein, Karin; Nolan, Kelsie; Pierce, Todd; Porter, Beth. 2011. Western North Carolina report card on forest sustainability.