Viniece JenningsBiological Scientist
320 Green StreetPhone: 706-559-4274
Athens, GA 30602-2044
Athens, GA 30602-2044
Investigates the influence of urban green spaces on various aspects of human health and well-being.
- Jennings, V. (2014). Returning to Home Plate: High School Outreach in Environmental Education, Southern Research Station-Compass Live. May 21, 2014.
- Jennings, V. (2014). Environmental Education on the National Forest in Georgia. Southern Research Station- Compass Live. October 29, 2014.
- Jennings, V. (2013). Outdoor Classroom: Teaching Science on the Forest. Southern Research Station-Compass Live. Nov. 26, 2013.
- Jennings, V. (2009). Greening the City, Connecting Urbanites to Nature. Compass Research Magazine, 14, 14-15.,
Featured Publications and Products
- Jennings, Viniece; Johnson Gaither, Cassandra; Schulterbrandt Gragg, Richard. 2012. Promoting Environmental Justice Through Urban Green Space Access: A Synopsis.
- Pataki, Diane; Carreiro, Margaret; Cherrier, Jennifer; Grulke, Nancy; Jennings, Viniece; Pincetl, Stephanie; Pouyat, Richard; Whitlow, Thomas; Zipperer, Wayne. 2011. Coupling biogeochemical cycles in urban environments: Ecosystemservices, green solutions, and misconceptions.
- Jennings, Viniece; Floyd, Myron F.; Shanahan, Danielle; Coutts, Christopher; Sinykin, Alex. 2017. Emerging issues in urban ecology: implications for research, social justice, human health, and well-being.
- Schelhas, John; Hitchner, Sarah; Johnson Gaither, Cassandra; Jennings, Viniece. 2017. “Sunshine, sweat, and tears”: African-American ties to land and forests in the south.
- Jennings, Viniece; Larson, Lincoln; Yun, Jessica. 2016. Advancing sustainability through urban green space: cultural ecosystem services, equity, and social determinants of health.
- Jennings, Viniece L.; Larson, Claire K.; Larson, Lincoln R. 2016. Ecosystem services and preventive medicine a natural connection.
- Schelhas, John; Hitchner, Sarah; Johnson Gaither, Cassandra; Fraser, Rory; Jennings, Viniece; Diop, Amadou. 2016. Engaging African American landowners in sustainable forest management.
- Jennings, Viniece; Yun, Jessica; Larson, Lincoln . 2016. Finding common ground: environmental ethics, social justice, and a sustainable path for nature-based health promotion.
- Larson, Lincoln R.; Jennings, Viniece; Cloutier, Scott A. 2016. Public parks and wellbeing in urban areas of the United States.
- Jennings, Viniece; Johnson Gaither, Cassandra. 2015. Approaching environmental health disparities and green spaces: An ecosystem services perspective.