Eastern Texas harvest and utilization study, 2003
In 2003, a harvest and utilization study was conducted on 81 operations throughout eastern Texas. There were 2,072 total trees measured, 1,557 or 75 percent were softwood, while 515 or 25 percent were hardwood. Results from this study showed that 87 percent of the total softwood volume measured was utilized for a product, while the other 13 percent was left as logging residue. Seventy-six percent of the total hardwood volume measured was utilized for a product, while 24 percent was left as logging residue.