Vermont Timber Price Information

 Yard Trees

Wondering about the possibility of selling individual trees from your yard or small acreage tract? Read this first.


Vermont Stumpage Price Reports

The Vermont Division of Forestry's quarterly Vermont Stumpage Report continues the report that was published for many years by UVM Extension, but ceased publication in 2007. The quarterly report, resumed in the first quarter of 2012, lists stumpage prices for various products and species for three state regions. The number of responses are listed for each species and product within each region. It does not report on log, pulpwood, firewood, or fuelwood prices. Log prices are published by Northern Woodlands magazine as well as the Sawlog Bulletin. Both cover the Northern New England region plus northeastern New York.

Contact for Timber Price Information

Robert De Geus
Wood Utilization Forester
Dept. of Forests, Parks & Recreation
1 National Life Drive, Davis 2
Montpelier, VT 05620-3801
Phone: (802) 828-1527
Fax: (802) 828-1399

If you can't find the information you are looking for on this site, please contact us, or try the various state foresters web sites.

If you know of a useful site or resource that we have not listed here, or if any of the information in this directory is incorrect, please email Brian Doherty at


Lists of services are provided solely as a courtesy to landowners. The U.S. Forest Service Southern Research Station (SRS) makes no representation whatsoever as to the quality of work or business practices of the firms listed. The SRS strongly suggests that before entering into any transaction with an individual or a business, you ask for the names of those who have done business with the individual or firm so that you verify quality of services provided to others. In addition, you may want to have an attorney review any contracts or agreements before you sign any such documents.

A consultant providing professional services is often required to be registered or licensed within the state in which the service is offered. Before engaging or contracting with any person(s) representing themselves as a consultant or registered professional, the SRS recommends that you should obtain adequate supporting documentation from the service provider such as a current license or registration number as provided to them by the appropriate state agency.