North Carolina Timber Price Information

 Yard Trees

Wondering about the possibility of selling individual trees from your yard or small acreage tract? Read this first.


Resources on Selling Timber and Price Reports

NC State Extension Forestry provides resources on selling timber, state-wide quarterly price report for standing timber, historic timber prices, and links to sources of assistance.

Timber Sales: A Planning Guide for Landowners (AG-640)

(PDF file): This publication offers tips on marketing and selling, timber terminology, examples of timber sale agreements, and advice on seeking professional help.

Contact for Timber Price Information

Dr. Robert Bardon
Professor and Department Extension Leader
Extension Forestry
NC State University
4233 Jordan Hall Addition
Raleigh, NC 27695-8008
Phone: (919) 515-5575

Find Wood-Using Mills

The Primary Forest Products Network has mill listings for the Southeast US.

If you can't find the information you are looking for on this site, please contact us, or try the various state foresters web sites.

If you know of a useful site or resource that we have not listed here, or if any of the information in this directory is incorrect, please email Brian Doherty at


Lists of services are provided solely as a courtesy to landowners. The U.S. Forest Service Southern Research Station (SRS) makes no representation whatsoever as to the quality of work or business practices of the firms listed. The SRS strongly suggests that before entering into any transaction with an individual or a business, you ask for the names of those who have done business with the individual or firm so that you verify quality of services provided to others. In addition, you may want to have an attorney review any contracts or agreements before you sign any such documents.

A consultant providing professional services is often required to be registered or licensed within the state in which the service is offered. Before engaging or contracting with any person(s) representing themselves as a consultant or registered professional, the SRS recommends that you should obtain adequate supporting documentation from the service provider such as a current license or registration number as provided to them by the appropriate state agency.