Missouri Timber Price Information

 Yard Trees

Wondering about the possibility of selling individual trees from your yard or small acreage tract? Read this first.


Missouri Timber Price Trends

Produced by the Missouri Department of Conservation, Forestry Division, this series of quarterly reports tracks market prices for stumpage and delivered logs. Reports on the stumpage market are received from Missouri Department of Conservation Resource Foresters and private consulting foresters. Average prices are reported for two regions and for various product and species groups, based on a rolling dataset of all reports from the past 12 months. About eight years of past issues are available.

Contact for Timber Price Information

Mike Morris
Forest Products Program Supervisor
MO Dept. of Conservation
2901 West Truman Blvd.
P.O. Box 180
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0180
Phone: (573) 751-4115 ext 3117

If you can't find the information you are looking for on this site, please contact us, or try the various state foresters web sites.

If you know of a useful site or resource that we have not listed here, or if any of the information in this directory is incorrect, please email Brian Doherty at brian.doherty@usda.gov.


Lists of services are provided solely as a courtesy to landowners. The U.S. Forest Service Southern Research Station (SRS) makes no representation whatsoever as to the quality of work or business practices of the firms listed. The SRS strongly suggests that before entering into any transaction with an individual or a business, you ask for the names of those who have done business with the individual or firm so that you verify quality of services provided to others. In addition, you may want to have an attorney review any contracts or agreements before you sign any such documents.

A consultant providing professional services is often required to be registered or licensed within the state in which the service is offered. Before engaging or contracting with any person(s) representing themselves as a consultant or registered professional, the SRS recommends that you should obtain adequate supporting documentation from the service provider such as a current license or registration number as provided to them by the appropriate state agency.