Minnesota Timber Price Information

 Yard Trees

Wondering about the possibility of selling individual trees from your yard or small acreage tract? Read this first.


Minnesota's Forest Resources

Scroll down the page to link to "Minnesota's Forest Resources," in PDF format. Buried in this rather lengthy annual report is several pages of information on timber price trends by species and over multiple years. The prices they report are averages based on sales from public lands as reported by Minnesota Counties, Chippewa and Superior National Forests, Bureau of Indian Affairs, and Minnesota DNR-Forestry.

Agency specific prices are available on the DNR website, in the annual Minnesota Public Stumpage Price Review.

For recent timber stumpage prices, readers can go to the DNR website and view recent auction results.

Contact for Timber Price Information

Don Deckard
State Forest Economist
Minnesota Dept. of Natural Resources
Box 44 DNR Bldg.
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155-4044
Phone: (651) 259-5287
Email: donald.deckard@state.mn.us

If you can't find the information you are looking for on this site, please contact us, or try the various state foresters web sites.

If you know of a useful site or resource that we have not listed here, or if any of the information in this directory is incorrect, please email Brian Doherty at brian.doherty@usda.gov.


Lists of services are provided solely as a courtesy to landowners. The U.S. Forest Service Southern Research Station (SRS) makes no representation whatsoever as to the quality of work or business practices of the firms listed. The SRS strongly suggests that before entering into any transaction with an individual or a business, you ask for the names of those who have done business with the individual or firm so that you verify quality of services provided to others. In addition, you may want to have an attorney review any contracts or agreements before you sign any such documents.

A consultant providing professional services is often required to be registered or licensed within the state in which the service is offered. Before engaging or contracting with any person(s) representing themselves as a consultant or registered professional, the SRS recommends that you should obtain adequate supporting documentation from the service provider such as a current license or registration number as provided to them by the appropriate state agency.