Louisiana Timber Price Information

 Yard Trees

Wondering about the possibility of selling individual trees from your yard or small acreage tract? Read this first.


Quarterly Report of Timber Products

Published by the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry, this regular newsletter reports prices for five areas of the state. Note that prices reflect total volume and total value ratios paid from bid and negotiated sales, and do not represent inter or intra-company transactions and long-term contracts. The report: (1) provides a guide for private timber owners in determining stumpage prices regionally or stateside, (2) establishes annual stumpage price figures for severance tax purposes, and (3) determines the timber value for use-value assessment of forest land.

Contact for Timber Price Information

David Campbell
Forest Management Chief
Louisiana Dept. of Agriculture & Forestry
P.O. Box 1628
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-1628
Phone: (225) 952-8009
Email: dcampbell@ldaf.state.la.us

If you can't find the information you are looking for on this site, please contact us, or try the various state foresters web sites.

If you know of a useful site or resource that we have not listed here, or if any of the information in this directory is incorrect, please email Brian Doherty at brian.doherty@usda.gov.


Lists of services are provided solely as a courtesy to landowners. The U.S. Forest Service Southern Research Station (SRS) makes no representation whatsoever as to the quality of work or business practices of the firms listed. The SRS strongly suggests that before entering into any transaction with an individual or a business, you ask for the names of those who have done business with the individual or firm so that you verify quality of services provided to others. In addition, you may want to have an attorney review any contracts or agreements before you sign any such documents.

A consultant providing professional services is often required to be registered or licensed within the state in which the service is offered. Before engaging or contracting with any person(s) representing themselves as a consultant or registered professional, the SRS recommends that you should obtain adequate supporting documentation from the service provider such as a current license or registration number as provided to them by the appropriate state agency.