Indiana Timber Price Information

 Yard Trees

Wondering about the possibility of selling individual trees from your yard or small acreage tract? Read this first.


Indiana Forest Products Price Report and Trend Analysis

The Indiana Department of Natural Resources, Division of Forestry has Price Reports dating from 2012 to the present. Scroll down the page to the section titled Hardwood Market Information. The reports can be used as an indication of price trends for logs of defined species and qualities. It should not be used for the appraisal of logs or standing timber (stumpage).

Forest Products Prices and Trend Report, from Purdue Extension

For Indiana Forest Product Price Reports produced between 1934 and 2012, visit the Purdue e-Pub archive section.

Indiana Consulting Foresters Stumpage Price Report

This annual report in the Indiana Woodland Steward provides stumpage price averages obtained from a survey of all known professional consulting foresters operating in Indiana.

If you can't find the information you are looking for on this site, please contact us, or try the various state foresters web sites.

If you know of a useful site or resource that we have not listed here, or if any of the information in this directory is incorrect, please email Brian Doherty at


Lists of services are provided solely as a courtesy to landowners. The U.S. Forest Service Southern Research Station (SRS) makes no representation whatsoever as to the quality of work or business practices of the firms listed. The SRS strongly suggests that before entering into any transaction with an individual or a business, you ask for the names of those who have done business with the individual or firm so that you verify quality of services provided to others. In addition, you may want to have an attorney review any contracts or agreements before you sign any such documents.

A consultant providing professional services is often required to be registered or licensed within the state in which the service is offered. Before engaging or contracting with any person(s) representing themselves as a consultant or registered professional, the SRS recommends that you should obtain adequate supporting documentation from the service provider such as a current license or registration number as provided to them by the appropriate state agency.