Ball Creek Road (FS 83) and Shope Fork Road (FS 751) are CLOSED.
For information on tours and workshops, please contact Randy Fowler at 828-524-2128, Ext 111.
Quantifying the role of National Forest system lands in providing surface drinking water supply for the Southern United States
Forests and water are inextricably linked, and people are dependent on forested lands to provide clean, reliable water supplies for drinking water and to support local economies. This publication provides details at the landscape level about how much of their water supply southern communities receive from federal, state and private forest lands. These results highlight the need for conservation and management of southern forests to ensure clean and dependable water supplies in downstream communities.
News & Events
Katherine Elliott discusses preparatory measures being taken at Coweeta in the face of the Rock Mountain Fire.
- Impact of air pollution induced climate change on water availability and ecosystem productivity in the conterminous United States
Duan, Kai; Sun, Ge; Zhang, Yang; Yahya, Khairunnisa; Wang, Kai; Madden, James M.; Caldwell, Peter V.; Cohen Mack, Erika; McNulty, Steve
- Hydrological processes of reference watersheds in Experimental Forests, USA
Amatya, Devendra; Campbell, John; Wohlgemuth, Pete; Elder, Kelly; Sebestyen, Stephen; Johnson, Sherri; Keppeler, Elizabeth; Adams, Mary Beth; Caldwell, Peter; Misra, D.
- Predictive models for radial sap flux variation in coniferous, diffuse-porous and ring-porous temperate trees
Berdanier, Aaron B.; Miniat, Chelcy F.; Clark, James S.; Phillips, Nathan
- Variations in canopy and litter interception across a forest chronosequence in the southern Appalachian Mountains
Brantley, Steven T.; Bolstad, Paul V.; Laseter, Stephanie H.; Oishi, A. Christopher; Novick, Kimberly A.; Miniat, Chelcy F.
- Equations for estimating biomass, foliage area, and sapwood of small trees in the southern Appalachians
Brantley, Steven T.; Schulte, Morgan L.; Bolstad, Paul V.; Miniat, Chelcy F.