Ball Creek Road (FS 83) and Shope Fork Road (FS 751) are OPEN.
For information on tours and workshops, please contact Randy Fowler at 828-524-2128, ext. 111.
News & Events
Electric blue squares dotted the urban landscape. From the descending plane, USDA Forest Service visitors thought they might be swimming pools. Alas, they were tarps covering the roofs of homes and keeping leaks at bay on rainy days.
These tarps were the first sign of lingering damage from Hurricanes Irma and Maria. Broken roads, twisted streetlights, and downed power lines exhibited the storms’ impacts on the island’s infrastructure.
- Forests, shrubs, and terrain: top-down and bottom-up controls on forest structure
Bolstad, Paul V.; Elliott, Katherine J.; Miniat, Chelcy F.
- Planning for an uncertain future restoration to mitigate water scarcity and sustain carbon sequestration
Brantley, Steven T.; Vose, James M.; Wear, David N.; Band, Larry
- Woody bioenergy crop selection can have large effects on water yield: A southeastern United States case study
Caldwell, P.V. ; Jackson, C.R. ; Miniat, C.F. ; Younger, S.E. ; Vining, J.A. ; McDonnell, J.J. ; Aubrey, D.P.
- Parameter transferability within homogeneous regions and comparisons with predictions from a priori parameters in the eastern United States
Chouaib, Wafa ; Alila, Younes ; Caldwell, Peter V
- Regional variation of flow duration curves in the eastern United States: Process-based analyses of the interaction between climate and landscape properties
Chouaib, Wafa; Caldwell, Peter V.; Alila, Younes