Ball Creek Road (FS 83) and Shope Fork Road (FS 751) are currently OPEN.
Western North Carolina Hunting Seasons - Macon County, NC
|Turkey Season - 2020|
|April 04 – May 9|
|Feral Hog and Other Small Game|
For information on tours and workshops, please contact Randy Fowler at 828-524-2128, ext. 111.
News & Events
With its symbiotic bacteria, black locust (Robinia pseudoacacia) makes its own nitrogen fertilizer – and can share it with other tree species. “In early successional temperate forests, symbiotic nitrogen fixation is often the main source of new nitrogen,” says USDA Forest Service scientist Chelcy Miniat.
- Hydrologic modeling for flow-ecology science in the Southeastern United States and Puerto Rico
Caldwell, Peter V; Kennen, Jonathan G.; Hain, Ernie F.; Nelson, Stacy A.C.; Sun, Ge ; McNulty, Steve G.
- Rainfall partitioning varies across a forest age chronosequence in the southern Appalachian Mountains
Brantley, Steven T.; Miniat, Chelcy F.; Bolstad, Paul V
- On the use of mean monthly runoff to predict the flow–duration curve in ungauged catchments
Chouaib, Wafa ; Alila, Younes ; Caldwell, Peter V
- Tree resin flow dynamics during an experimentally induced attack by Ips avulsus , I. calligraphus , and I. grandicollis
Denham, Sander O.; Coyle, David R.; Oishi, A. Christopher; Bullock, Bronson P.; Heliövaara, Kari ; Novick, Kimberly A.
- Lack of forest tree seedling recruitment and enhanced tree and shrub growth characterizes post-Tsuga canadensis mortality forests in the southern Appalachians
Dharmadi, Sandra N.; Elliott, Katherine J.; Miniat, Chelcy F.