The USDA Forest Service Forest Inventory and Analysis Program (FIA) and NCASI are pleased to announce that registration is now open for the 2019 FIA Stakeholders Science Meeting to be held November 19-21, 2019 in Knoxville, Tennessee. The meeting will bring together international forest scientists, managers, and stakeholders to share insights on contemporary issues, science policy, mensuration, geospatial products, inventory methods, and a wide variety of other topics.
Maintaining the Forest Service’s leadership requires both regular consultation with FIA’s users, as well as periodic technical exchange among scientists cooperating with FIA in fields such as data visualization, statistical inference, and remote sensing inventory techniques. This meeting and concurrent workshop will draw a world-class group of partners, practitioners, and scientists with regional, national, and international inventory and monitoring missions.
The sponsors invite presentations that help advance the goals of:
- Maximizing the value of the ‘annual’ sample design;
- Advancing the development of delivery tools to meet client needs and take advantage of ever-expanding options for data visualization and communication;
- Assuring data continuity and tools that supports a variety of land management and National Forest System planning needs;
- Integrating more powerful and efficient monitoring technologies and statistical techniques into established analysis lines; and,
- Supporting FIA’s expansion in areas such as enhanced timber product monitoring, improved carbon/biomass estimates, enhanced ownership study, land cover and land use research, urban inventory, monitoring of Interior Alaska, and small area estimation.
Please consider offering an organized session, presenting an oral presentation of your research, or a digital demonstration of your work during the popular Digital Engagement session.
To submit an abstract, visit https://fiascience.org/call-for-abstracts/.
- Deadline to submit oral presentation abstracts is July 15
- Deadline to submit digital engagement abstracts is August 30
Submitted abstracts will be distributed digitally at the meeting. Meeting presenters are also encouraged to fully document their contributions by submitting an extended abstract for inclusion in a General Technical Report to be published shortly after the conclusion of the meeting.
Extended abstract submission details will be provided to all authors and made available on the meeting website.
For more information, please email the meeting organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.