Tools for Question Managers
Manuscript guidelines and templates for the various chapters of the Technical Report:
- Manuscript instructions in PDF - read this to find out word processing instructions and layout guidelines for your chapter
- sofras-template.dot - place this Word template in your MS Office Templates folder, choose File, New in Word and choose it as your template to create your chapter manuscript. Enter or paste new material into it to make use of its Assessment-standard headings and styles. If you have troubles downloading it try the zipped template: sofras-template.zip
- table-template.xls - use this Excel template workbook for building the tables you'll place in your chapter manuscript, also in zipped format: table-template.zip
- sofras-example.doc - this example Word document shows how the manuscript should look and illustrates what types of content go in each section. You can also download the file in zipped format: sofras-example.zip
- Citation instructions in PDF - these provide better explainations and examples of how citations should be formatted in the manuscript
- Graphics instructions in PDF - read this to find out how to prepare figure graphics for your chapter
- graphics-example.xls - this Excel workbook provides examples you can save for how fonts and other elements should be sized so contents are readable when the graphic is reduced to quarter- or half-page.
- av-example.zip - this zipped archive contains an ArcView project and associated files which illustrate Southwide maps at different scales.
- submission guidelines in PDF - read this to find out how to submit your manuscript, table and figure files.
- Draft Glossary - this document shows candidate terms and their definitions for inclusion in the Glossary section of the Draft Report. Question Managers are encouraged to submit their suggestions for improvements to Dave Wear
- Species names lists - like the glossary, the draft version of a product for the final report. Two versions are available: sortable (requires IE5 or newer), and static HTML sorted by scientific name. This listing has submissions from TERRA-1, TERRA-2, TERRA-5, HLTH-2 and AQUA-5, authors should submit others they're using to John Pye so they can just use common names in their chapters.
- Short eco-province names - standard short names for Bailey's ecological provinces to supplement the cryptic codes, from Vic Rudis and John Pye
- Note: when clicking on links to Office application files like the Excel or Word documents above, you may be asked for a Network ID and Password. This just means your Office application is trying to edit the file on the web server. Choose Cancel and you will receive the file as read-only which you can then save locally.
webmaster: John M. Pye