Diane De Steven
P.O. Box 227
- The Conservation Effects Assessment Project: assessing wetland ecosystem services on Southern Farm-Bill program lands
- Testing methods and models for restoring wetland and bottomland forest ecosystems
- Understanding abiotic and biotic controls on vegetation diversity of wetland and bottomland forest communities
- University of Michigan, Plant Ecology , 1980
- University of Michigan, Animal Ecology , 1977
- Kent State University, Biology , 1974
- Society of Wetland Scientists, Professional Wetland Scientist (2014 - Current)
- Society of Wetland Scientists, Associate Editor (2010 - Current)
Awards & Recognition
- Doug Wilcox Award for Outstanding Associate Editor, 2014
Awarded by the Society of Wetland Scientists for excellence in serving as Associate Editor of the journal Wetlands
- Southern Regional Forester’s Award for Natural Resource Stewardship, 2006
Team Award for the Carolina Bay Restoration and Banking Project at the Savannah River Site, SC
Featured Publications & Products
- De Steven, Diane; Gramling, Joel M. 2013. Multiple Factors Influence The Vegetation Composition Of Southeast U.S. Wetlands Restored In The Wetlands Reserve Program.
- De Steven, Diane; Gramling, Joel M. 2012. Diverse Characteristics Of Wetlands Restored Under The Wetlands Reserve Program In The Southeastern United States.
- De Steven, Diane; Lowrance, Richard. 2011. Agricultural Conservation Practices And Wetland Ecosystem Services In The Wetland-Rich Piedmont Coastal Plain Region.
- De Steven, Diane. 2015. Metrics For Determining Hydrophytic Vegetation In Wetland Delineation: A Clarification On The Prevalence Index.
- Mitchell, Robert; Engstrom, Todd; Sharitz, Rebecca; De Steven, Diane; Hiers, Kevin; Cooper, Robert; Kirkman, Katherine. 2009. Old Forests And Endangered Woodpeckers: Old-Growth In The Southern Coastal Plain.
- De Steven, Diane; Sharitz, Rebecca R.; Barton, Christopher D. 2010. Ecological Outcomes And Evaluation Of Success In Passively Restored Southeastern Depressional Wetlands.
- De Steven, Diane; Faulkner, Stephen P.; Keeland, Bobby D.; Baldwin, Michael J.; McCoy, John W.; Hughes, Steven C. 2015. Understory Vegetation As An Indicator For Floodplain Forest Restoration In The Mississippi River Alluvial Valley, U.S.A.
|Wetlands Assessment Project Documents Outcomes of Conservation on Working Lands|
Assessment offers managers a tool to improve project planning and assessment of wetland practices on working lands in the South and elsewhere
|What do we need to know to conserve wetlands on working lands in the South|
The Conservation Effects Assessment Project (CEAP) is a multi-agency effort to improve effectiveness of Farm Bill conservation programs by quant ...