320 Green Streetgachtemeier@fs.fed.us
Athens, GA 30602-2044
Athens, GA 30602-2044
Featured Publications and Products
- Sturtevant, Brian; Achtemeier, Gary; Anderson, Dean; Charney, Joseph; Cooke, Barry. 2011. Long-distance dispersal of eastern spruce budworm in Minnesota (USA) via the atmospheric pathway.
- Liu, L.; Achtemeier, G.L.; Goodrick, S.L.; Jackson, W. 2010. Important parameters for smoke plume rise simulation with Daysmoke.
- Liu, Y.; Goodrick, S.; Achtemeier, G. 2009. Smoke incursions into urban areas: simulation of a Georgia prescribed burn.
- Achtemeier, G.L. 2009. On the formation and persistence of superfog in woodland smoke.
- Liu, Yongqiang; Achtemeier, Gary; Goodrick, Scott. 2008. Sensitivity of air quality simulation to smoke plume rise.
- Sturtevant, Brian R.; Achtemeier, Gary L.; Charney, Joseph J.; Anderson, Dean P.; Cooke, Barry J.; Townsend, Phillip A. 2013. Long-distance dispersal of spruce budworm (Choristoneura fumiferana Clemens) in Minnesota (USA) and Ontario (Canada) via the atmospheric pathway.
- Achtemeier, Gary. 2012. Field validation of a free-agent cellular automata model of fire spread with fire–atmosphere coupling.
- Achtemeier, G. L; Goodrick, S. L.; Liu, Y. 2012. Modeling Multiple-Core Updraft Plume Rise for an Aerial Ignition Prescribed Burn by Coupling Daysmoke with a Cellular Automata Fire Model.
- Goodrick, Scott L.; Achtemeier, Gary L.; Larkin, Narasimhan K.; Liu, Yongqiang; Strand, Tara M. (. 2012. Modelling smoke transport from wildland fires: a review.
- Achtemeier, G L; Goodrick, S L; Liu, Y; Garcia-Menendez, F; Hu, Y; Odman, M. 2011. Modeling Smoke Plume-Rise and Dispersion from Southern United States Prescribed Burns with Daysmoke.
- Achtemeier, Gary L. 2009. On the formation and persistence of superfog in woodland smoke.
- Glitzenstein, Jeff S.; Streng, Donna R.; Achtemeier, Gary L.; Naeher, Luke P.; Wade, Dale D. 2006. Fuels and fire behavior in chipped and unchipped plots: implications for land management near the wildland/urban interface.
- Achtemeier, Gary L. 2006. Measurement of moisture in smoldering smoke and implications for fog.
- Achtemeier, Gary L.; Glitzenstein, Jeff; Naeher, Luke P. 2006. Measurements of smoke from chipped and unchipped plots.
- Naeher, Luke P.; Achtemeier, Gary L.; Glitzenstein, Jeff S.; Streng, Donna R.; Macintosh, David. 2006. Real-time and time-integrated PM2.5 and CO from prescribed burns in chipped and non-chipped plots: firefighter and community exposure and health implications.
- Achtemeier, Gary L.; Goodrick, Scott; Liu, Yongqiang. 2005. A coupled modeling system for connecting prescribed fire activity data through CMAQ for simulating regional scale air quality.
- Achtemeier, Gary L. 2005. Planned Burn-Piedmont. A local operational numerical meteorological model for tracking smoke on the ground at night: Model development and sensitivity tests.
- Liu, Yongqiang; Achtemeier, Gary; Goodrick, Scott. 2005. Simulation and Experiment of Air Quality Effects of Prescribed Fires in the Southeast.
- Achtemeier, Gary L.; Naeher, Luke. 2005. Smoke plume behavior - what the data say.
- Achtemeier, Gary L. 2003. On the origins of "superfog" -a combination of smoke and water vapor that produces zero visibility over roadways.
- Achtemeier, Gary L. 2003. Recent results from PB-Piedmont - a model to simulate smoke on the ground at night.
- Achtemeier, Gary L.; Goodrick, Scott L.; Liu, Yongqiang. 2003. The southern high-resolution modeling consortium - a source for research and operational collaboration.
- Achtemeier, Gary L. 2002. "Super-Fog"--A Combination of Smoke and Water Vapor That Produces Zero Visibility over Roadways.
- Stanturf, John A.; Wade, Dale D.; Waldrop, Thomas A.; Kennard, Deborah K.; Achtemeier, Gary L. 2002. Fire in southern forest landscapes.
- Achtemeier, Gary L. 2002. Interface modeling for predicting atmospheric transport of biota.
- Achtemeier, Gary L. 2001. Simulating nocturnal smoke movement.
- Achtemeier, Gary L. 2000. PB-Piedmont: A numerical model for predicting the movement of biological material near the ground at night.
- Achtemeier, Gary L. 1999. Smoke Management: Toward a Data Base to Validate PB-Piedmont - Numerical Simulation of Smoke on the Ground at Night.
- Achtemeier, Gary L. 1998. A framework for standardizing flight characteristics for separating biology from meteorology in long-range insect transport.
- Achtemeier, Gary L. 1998. First Remote Measurements Of Smoke On The Ground At Night.
- Achtemeier, Gary L.; Jackson, William; Hawkins, Bernie; Wade, Dale D.; McMahon, Charles K. 1998. The smoke dilemma: a head-on collision!.