A Human Dimensions Framework: Guidelines for Conducting Social Assessments
- Author(s): Bright, Alan D.; Cordell, H. Ken; Hoover, Anne P.; Tarrant, Michael A
- Date: 2003
- Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-65. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 83 p.
- Station ID: GTR-SRS-065
This paper provides a framework and guidelines for identifying and organizing human dimension information for use in forest planning. It synthesizes concepts from a variety of social science disciplines and connects them with measurable indicators for use in analysis and reporting. Suggestions of analytical approaches and sources of data for employment of the identified social indicators are provided.
You can order print copies of our publications through our Publication Ordering System. Make a note of the publication you wish to request, and visit our Publication Order Site.
- We recommend that you print this page and attach it to the printout of the article to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat. During the capture process some typographical errors may occur. Please contact the SRS Webmaster if you notice any errors which make this publication unuseable.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication. (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- To view this article get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader.