Material use and production changes in the U.S. wood pallet and container industry: 1992 to 2006
- Author(s): Bush, R. J.; Araman, P. A.
- Date: 2009
- Source: Pallet Enterprise 29(6): 38,40-43.
- Station ID: JRNL-SRS-29
A series of five studies conducted by the Virginia Tech Department of Wood Science and Forest Products, in collaboration with the USDA - Forest Service (Blacksburg, Virginia), have tracked activity in the U.S. wood pallet and container industry between 1992 and 2006. The studies documented trends in wood use and pallet production with in the industry, both new and recovered. This article focuses on the production of new pallets and the use of new wood materials.
You can order print copies of our publications through our Publication Ordering System. Make a note of the publication you wish to request, and visit our Publication Order Site.
- We recommend that you print this page and attach it to the printout of the article to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat. During the capture process some typographical errors may occur. Please contact the SRS Webmaster if you notice any errors which make this publication unuseable.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication. (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- To view this article get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader.