The Southern Research Station produces the following publication series:
- Research Papers
- Results, analyses, conclusions of formal studies or experiments
- General Technical Reports
- Information of a technical nature, but not an original report; proceedings, computer programs, annotated biographies, guidebooks
- Research Notes
- Observational information on new techniques or instruments, especially of how-to-do-it type or incidental discovery
- Resource Bulletins
- Economic information of permanent value on timber and other forest resources or their utilization
- Resource Updates
- Factsheets (e-pubs only) providing information about the status forest resources and/or their utilization. (See the Resource Update Guide for information on content and instructions for preparation using MS Publisher)
- Science Updates
- Annual reports, State update sheets, interpretive brochures, and program/project descriptions intended for the general public, members of Congress, cooperators, and supporters.
- Stand-alone maps, primarily those conveying new geospatial information derived from Forest Service research and intended for scientists and resource managers. See the RMAP Guide for information on content and instructions for preparation using MS Publisher.
Publication Submission Guidelines
When preparing a manuscript for SRS Technical Publications, please refer to the Authors Checklist to ensure you submit a complete package. Incomplete packages will be returned to the author. Briefly, your package should include:
- Manuscript Approval Sheet
- Peer reviews (and biometrics review, if necessary)
- Text, tables, and graphics in appropriate formats (see Authors Guide )
- Letters of permission for copyrighted material
- Resource Update Guide
- We have produced a new guide to aide authors as they prepare resource guide factsheets. This guide provides important information about the content required as well as instructions for using MS Publisher to lay out the factsheet.
Publication Tracking System
Use this document to check on the progress of your manuscript as it moves through the publication process.
Publication Process Flowchart
This simplified flow chart maps out the steps in the publication process.
Maureen Stuart is the Team Lead for Technical Publications. Please submit manuscripts for station publication to her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, you may email her or call (828-257-4847) with any questions or concerns regarding your publication.
|Maureen Stuart||Editor/Team Leademail@example.com|
|Louise Wilde||Print Specialistfirstname.lastname@example.org|