Hot Off The Press
- A decision tree approach using silvics to guide planning for forest restoration
- Impact of fire in two old-growth montane longleaf pine stands
- Hypotheses for common persimmon stand development in mixed-species bottomland hardwood forests
In Demand Publications
- Diverse Applications of Electronic-Nose Technologies in Agriculture and Forestry
- Effects of climatic variability and change on forest ecosystems: a comprehensive science synthesis for the U.S
- Wildfire Ignitions: A Review of the Science and Recommendations for Empirical Modeling
Frequently Asked Questions
Some information is more commonly sought out by visitors to the Southern Research Station. We have compiled some of the most frequently asked questions on our FAQ page.
Not finding what you are looking for? Email us.
Latest from our Twitter
May 20th 2013 02:14 PM Emerald ash borer awareness week: All That Glitters Is Not Gold …. http://t.co/7m80LCW4XA via @sharethis
May 20th 2013 10:30 AM RT @APfirescience: Couldn't make it to our fire and Indiana Bats workshop? Check out some of the presentations here.http://t.co/HgMCf00CKa
May 20th 2013 10:29 AM RT @forestservice: Planning For Growth & Open Space Webinar: Forest Legacy & Easement Monitoring & Enforcement - May 29 2pm ET: http://t.co…
How Can We Help?
Upcoming Events and Items of Note
- June 20, 2013 - June 20, 2013
Webinar: Climate Variability and U.S. Forests
- July 9, 2013 - July 11, 2013
Upland Hardwood Silviculture Course
- April 7, 2014 - April 11, 2014
International Symposium "Evapotranspiration: Challenges in Measurement and Modeling from Leaf to the Landscape Scale And Beyond"
In the News
- Endangered frogs have found a new spot near Saucier
- Loss of Eastern Hemlock Will Affect Forest Water Use
- SRS Contributes to Loblolly Pine Genome project
- Projects funded by Southern Research Station win national award
- Death of hemlock trees yields new life for hardwood trees: Feat. Coweeta Scientists