Hot Off The Press
- Site index model for naturally regenerated even-aged longleaf pine
- Effects of prescribed burning on small mammal, reptile, and tick populations on the Talladega National Forest, Alabama
- A decision tree approach using silvics to guide planning for forest restoration
In Demand Publications
- Diverse Applications of Electronic-Nose Technologies in Agriculture and Forestry
- Effects of climatic variability and change on forest ecosystems: a comprehensive science synthesis for the U.S
- Wildfire Ignitions: A Review of the Science and Recommendations for Empirical Modeling
Frequently Asked Questions
Some information is more commonly sought out by visitors to the Southern Research Station. We have compiled some of the most frequently asked questions on our FAQ page.
Not finding what you are looking for? Email us.
Latest from our Twitter
May 24th 2013 01:10 PM From the Raindrop to the River: The Basics of Forest Hydrology — Webinar by SRS Jim Vose: http://t.co/ao4HAmDJ5t
May 23rd 2013 03:38 PM Forest Service research:Climate Wildfires http://t.co/N0ksqxSKqG
May 23rd 2013 01:09 PM American Chestnut, Past and Future http://t.co/LeDe28TdSy
How Can We Help?
Upcoming Events and Items of Note
- June 20, 2013 - June 20, 2013
Webinar: Climate Variability and U.S. Forests
- July 9, 2013 - July 11, 2013
Upland Hardwood Silviculture Course
- April 7, 2014 - April 11, 2014
International Symposium "Evapotranspiration: Challenges in Measurement and Modeling from Leaf to the Landscape Scale And Beyond"
In the News
- Endangered frogs have found a new spot near Saucier
- Loss of Eastern Hemlock Will Affect Forest Water Use
- SRS Contributes to Loblolly Pine Genome project
- Projects funded by Southern Research Station win national award
- Death of hemlock trees yields new life for hardwood trees: Feat. Coweeta Scientists