Hot Off The Press
- Virginia, 2011 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
- Arkansas, 2012 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
- North Carolina, 2011 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
In Demand Publications
- Diverse Applications of Electronic-Nose Technologies in Agriculture and Forestry
- Effects of climatic variability and change on forest ecosystems: a comprehensive science synthesis for the U.S
- The Southern Forest Futures Project: technical report
Frequently Asked Questions
Some information is more commonly sought out by visitors to the Southern Research Station. We have compiled some of the most frequently asked questions on our FAQ page.
Not finding what you are looking for? Email us.
and Courses and Webinars
Latest from our TwitterTweets by @usfs_srs
How Can We Help?
Upcoming Events and Items of Note
- April 7, 2014 - April 11, 2014
International Symposium "Evapotranspiration: Challenges in Measurement and Modeling from Leaf to the Landscape Scale And Beyond"
New Digital Maps for Mobile Devices
- Forest Service Conservation Education Program
- Southern Pine Beetle: What a Tree Farmer needs to know
- FIA: The Inventory
In the News
- Forest science benefits water resources, aids developing countries
- Study Shows Reforestation along Rivers and Streams in Lower Mississippi Alluvial Valley Reduces Sediment Runoff
- SRS-supported research on southern pine beetle and climate change featured in New York Times
- Research presented by Richard Harper at SAF featured on Canadian blog (written in French)
- More Kids in the Woods in Florida with Annie Hermansen: Loblolly Woods a teaching ground for young scientists
- Mike Bowker lead author of study on future of recreation in the Midwest and Northeast